Dawn of the Elements: Episode One, Sky Pillar and the Element of Air

Started by SuperNovaNightmare, 2013 Oct 29, 01:16:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SuperNovaNightmare

I would like to give a thank you so big, words cannot describe how big my thanks is, to The Wandering Magus, for helping me create this grand adventure! This is a action/adventure RP that will be broken into episodes, for this shall be long, AND incredibly fun!

OOC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9176.0
Sign-up: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9177.0

Intro:

A millennia ago, The Ancient Ones created the world of Xi-Scy with the use of the Elements. They watched over the world, and the creatures inhabiting it. The inhabitants continuously evolved, and soon enough, the first tribes formed. The Ancient Ones deemed them worthy enough to handle the responsibilities of using the Elements to further advance them selves. With the Elements at their command, they slowly grew smarter and smarter. Many centuries later, the inhabitants created the first Nation. This nation, however, did not last long, for different ideas began to form inside the heads of many. The ideas soon became dreams, then realities. But not everyone shared the same ideas, and many fights tore the Nation apart. Soon enough, a great war threatened the safety of the world.
The Nation split into many different Empires, each containing only one of each Element. They abused their powers, and with that, began to destroy the very land they stood upon. To prevent total destruction, the Ancient Ones returned to the land, and sealed away the the Elements, and scattered the purest forms around the world. And as punishment to the inhabitants, took away their powers, and left them to their own devices.

The centuries passed, and the world learned to live without their powers. Many of the original empires broke up, except a few. The ones that remained: Terarious; the empire of Earth, Maelstraria; the empire of Lightning, and Vulcanus; the empire of Fire. Other empires melted away into separate kingdoms, of which are: Viridious, Aquaria, Solarous, Necropia, and Magicopia, three of which are ruled by Kings and Queens. The kingdoms have many cities under their control. Many other settlers built towns and cities, only governed by mayors, free from any other empires or kingdoms, to pursue their own ways of life. Order was restored, and the world was at peace, but a unforeseen event began to occur. Because the world was created by the Elements, and they are sealed away, the land began to destroy itself. Oceans grew violent, storms devastated vast majorities of land, deserts became blistering hot, blizzards grew overly violent, volcanos erupted with far more strength, life started where it should not be, and in certain areas, when life falls, it does not stay down.

The process was slow, but if left undisturbed, would spiral out of control. The Ancient Ones wanted to intervene, but could not, for their connection to the world was partly severed, due to extreme disturbances with the Elements themselves. Their only hope was in the hands of many creatures living currently on the world. But their might would not be enough to stop the destruction, and before they were completely disconnected from that world, they returned the power of the Elements to the inhabitants. Many years have passed, and many of the newest generation of inhabitants are able to control the Elements. But the slow destruction of the world finally became noticeable to everyone, and many things happened at once. The Empires declared war between each other, kingdoms used their powers to defend them selves from the war and Elements, and the rest ether grew to fear the Elements, and band it entirely, or followed in the footsteps of the kingdoms.

Almost everyone is to scared to go and use their new found powers to stop the oncoming disaster........almost. You have decided to take matters into your own hands, and began to train for your epic journey across the world. You gain news of many others like you, from all over the world, doing exactly what you are, and everyone is planing to meet at the open and friendly kingdom of Solarous. You pack your things and head out into the world, in hopes that with your new allies, are able to prevent this disaster, and bring peace back to the world.

Current Heros:
The Clockwork King; Unit 503 (Tank/Earth)
SuperNovaNightmare; Flash Bolt (Tank Mage/Lightning)
Shadechaser; Shadechaser (Mage/Shadow)
Laebenal; Laebenal (Raider/Fire)
Somebeing; "Nameless" (Engineer/Researcher/After-life)

Solarous:

It was the first day of the initial arrival date. Flash Bolt was sure that someponies must have stumbled upon some of his fliers.

The INN was quiet, for it was very early in the morning. The outside was generally nice, slightly chilly with a light breeze. The light of dawn crept over the slowly stirring city of Solarous. Ponies and creatures alike readying themselves for the day. The last outburst of the Elements being at unrest was a wild earthquake, and most of the night, citizens worked to repair the damages done.

He had ate some food that he had packed, and was waiting down in the INN's tavern, one of his fliers out on the table. He had a feeling that his upcoming journey will be long and difficult, but with the help of whom ever showed up today, was sure that they could stop the chaos that was coming.

Shadechaser

Shadechaser was wandering about Solarous, within her Shadow Cloak just to not be noticed. She sees the sights of what she once knew, yet in a new field. She feels something as she passes the INN. She decides to enter the structure. As she passes though the doorway she removes her shadow cloak revealing her normal image with a dark cloak. (Which she always carries.) She decides to go to a corner and rest. The corner she chooses seems darker than the others. [glow=purple,2,300]This world... this power... time to think is what I need...[/glow] She first thought.
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

The Clockwork King

The trek had been long for the pony walking into the city of Solarous, it hadn't been tiring as per say, but it had most certainly been perilous, even to a being such as him. Even now, ponies stopped in their tasks, tasks that machines could be doing, and stared at him. Understandable, they had never seen anything like him before, for they obviously had never seen him before. He was, in a way, a homage to ponykind's biological form, yet he was refined, built for function and little else.
Deep in his soul, but not his soul, he knew it would always be that way until this world was brought under the thrall of his master. A world without fear, intolerance, hatred and spite, where all and one are judged by actions, not by pigment nor status. His hoofbeats were heavy, yet precise, following a strict marching pattern ingrained into his memory three months ago on the day of his creation.
The metallic pony, designated Unit 503 of the Empire of Gears, ceased its march in the town square. Scans indicated that the town was identified as Solarous, yet despite the damage to the housing clearly pointing to abnormal tectonic activity, the position of the nearest fault line was nonexistent. 503's glassy goggles turned to face an INN, though for what purpose the building held was to be identified. 503 had passed by many such buildings during both day and night, he had even burned one down after the ponies inside decided to engage him in combat. 503 considered utilizing the INN as a base of operations whilst he attempted to find the owner of this flyer, thus calling for the interior to be mapped accurately. Sharply turning, the mechaniod walked inside the INN after applying little pressure to the door, as Master had taught it. As Master said it would, it opened inwards to reveal a place of questionable defensive qualities. A scan of the building's foundations was about to undergo when he spotted a lone pegasus sitting at a table to the far right, before him a copy of the flyer 503 received. Was this pony the owner, or had the owner simply distributed numerous flyers? Investigation warranted. Walking over to the white and yellow pegasus Unit 503 spoke for the first time in a few weeks...
Greetings, pegasus. Are you the owner of the flyer before you, as I am the owner of this flyer... the firing antenna crested on his forehead flared and the flyer he owned levitated from a compartment from the front of his chest unit ...or are you also a receiver of a flyer that is not yours?
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

Laebenal

Laebenal was getting closer to Solarous and she saw some buildings far away and stopped for a second. "We're almost there." She said to her bat, Vincent and sighed. "I'm not sure if I'm ready..." She continued and Vincent screeched. "You're right. I have to keep going." She said and started to walk cautiously towards the buildings. "I might get into trouble only because of what I look like but there's nothing I can do to prevent that..." She thought and sighed.
Nightmare pony is here!
[move][/move]
(.gif made by KoalaLover99)
My OCs
Here I am... Alone as always...

SuperNovaNightmare

Flash looked up, and smiled.

"Ah, the first is here."

He nodded.

"Yes, I am the creator of these flyers. It is a pleasure to meat another wanting to prevent this oncoming catastrophe. Question is, what are you, exactly? If you don't mind me asking."

Shadechaser

Shadechaser, still in the darkest corner, looks up at Flash. [glow=purple,2,300]They are the one who sent out the flyers, like this one?[/glow] She thought as she pulled a copy of the flyer out. Remaining silent, she looked at the creature that questioned Flash.
She showed minor signs of interest, then got up and walked over to the conversation. She was quiet for she wasn't one to barge into a conversation, until she is invited into it, or finds interest in the conversation.
Twilight Sparkle?!

SuperNovaNightmare

He turned to she her.

"Yes. I take it that your Element is Shadow? I am glad to see another taking interest however."

He waited patently for them to answer. He was surprised to see two already come up, and wondered how many more will, and how soon.

Shadechaser

"[shadow=purple,left]Indeed, I am.[/shadow]" Shade replied in a shadowy echo. She places the flyer on the table, and returns to her previous location, the corner, and rests.
Twilight Sparkle?!

The Clockwork King

Unit 503 dipped its head slightly, forehoof clanking to the chestpiece, around where the heart of an organic would be...
I am identified as Unit 503 of the Empire of Gears, and emissary from the land of Vulcanus. I am a sophisticated battle engine built by the master of time, Clockwork. I seek to bring information of this world back to my master, and to spread word of my master's ideals of equality and tolerance. 503's hoof lowers as the flyer is placed on the table next to Shades' contribution
Until I am certain I have collected enough information to return to my lord Clockwork, you shall be designated as my superior unless I am forced to do an action that contradicts my set objectives. I recorded evidence of a tectonic shift that had affected the structures outside, yet my scans show no sign of tectonic faults in the immediate vicinity of 300m. Explain.
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

SuperNovaNightmare

He nodded. At this point, anything most would just dismiss as crazy would seem rather believable.

"Ah yes. Well, after a incredibly long war, way back into the First Nations, the Ancients had to seal away the power of the Elements, not knowing the side affects. The earthquake yesterday was just one of many events that has, and will continue to plague the lands until the Elements of each corresponding nature is released back into the world. Earthquakes will be the least of our worries, for almost anything else may occur with the Elements in unrest. Thats where we come in. I made these flyers in the hopes of getting one of each Element to restore them back to the world. As of right now, we have Lightning, which is me, and Shadow."

He nodded toward the mare in the dark corner.

"But the question is, what Element are you?"

Shadechaser

Shade simply nods back, while thinking of what she could do. [glow=purple,2,300]If this is what I know... if I know the shadows... If I concentrate... ... Oblivion... give me strength...[/glow] She then looks up to the sky.
Twilight Sparkle?!

Laebenal

Laebenal is getting closer to the buildings she saw and thought. "I should try to not draw attention and find out where that group is gathering." She stopped and turned to Vincent. "Go see if you can find something." She said to him. Vincent screeched and started flying towards the city. "If he sees something he will get to me but I should go too." Laebenal said and started to walk towards the city too but not to the same way her little bat friend went.
Nightmare pony is here!
[move][/move]
My OCs

The Clockwork King

(Whoops, progression ho!)
Unit 503 froze for a second, its mainframe running diagnostic scans aplenty in search for this 'Element' he supposedly possessed. All scans turned up negative for anything outside the systems it had begun this exploration with, and the Mark 5 made careful note of the fact this may be a ploy. Although, if what the null-energy readings of the supposed 'pony' in the corner, alongside the high electrical output detected from the ringleader of this operation, the idea of a trick seemed less appealing saying the evidence was before, and beside, him.
Scans indicate no reading of this 'Element' within Unit's mainframe nor soul battery, perhaps I have yet to encounter a means of utilising the abilities you and the null appear to possess? This shall become a priority of tertiary status, after spreading the teachings of Clockwork. You are certain that it is these 'Elements' that will restore natural order once combined? Where is the evidence to support this claim?

SuperNovaNightmare

Bolt turned to his bag, and pulled out the old book he found that started this all.

"I took this book from a library in Maelstraria that has the ancient history of the lands. It is told that the Ancients had sealed away the Elements, as punishment for abusing them. Prior to that, signs of odd occurrences around the world began to pop up. They were small, but noticeable. That was quite some time ago. Now that they have been gone for so long, said occurrences have become more and more noticeable, and can be traced to the event."

He opened the book, and turned to the few last pages.

"As we know, the Elements are sealed away, but the Ancients couldn't remove them to their realm. So, the sealed them away in artifacts, and scattered them across the world, in places of worship, each according to the corresponding Element. In order to enter and traverse the temples, one must be able to use the corresponding Element. Now that we have that power back, we can enter each temple, and break the seal placed on the Elements. The closest temple that I know of is the Sky Pillar, but that is a place of the Element of Air."

He then pointed to the flyer.

"Since i'm able to control the Element of Lightning, not Air, I created these in the hopes of not just getting the aid of someone with the power of Air, but each other Element to successfully release all the Elements, and it seems to have worked."

Shadechaser

Quote from: SuperNovaNightmare on 2013 Nov 03, 21:01:09
"[...] and it seems to have worked."
"[shadow=purple,left]In partial success...[/shadow]" Shade said from her spot in the corner.

She remained looking at the sky as she thought of what she knew within this world. [glow=purple,2,300]If I access the knowledge hidden, I may find the powers I know by soul, but... things never work that fast.[/glow]

She raised a hoof to the sky, seeming to reach to the blocked out celestial body. [glow=purple,2,300]Please... Luna... my guide within the dark... please show me... things I need to know...[/glow]
Twilight Sparkle?!

The Clockwork King

2013 Nov 04, 03:17:10 #15 Last Edit: 2013 Nov 04, 21:27:36 by The Clockwork King
Unit 503 studied the text, taking in every quill stroke of information and converting it to data easily able to be sent for archiving and further study. It would be a mistake to say that the notion of there being other 'Elements' left no imprint on the machine, rather the possibilities of harnessing such power would be wholly beneficial to the Empire. If what the pony before him said was correct, then the Fire Element would be located in the heart of Vulcanus, but that was to be a stop for further on, potentially with more aid to gather for an assault on Maelstraria to recover the Element of Water.
What if the Elements required are not present within this group, as they are not now? Surely the logical conclusion would be to locate the resting places of all the Elements before beginning the search?
Unit 503 turned its attention to the window of the INN, antenna alighting in the face of a potential threat.
Query: Are bats during the daytime a common occurrence, potentially also due to the influence of the Elements?

SuperNovaNightmare

"Well, there is a museum in town that holds a tablet, marking all the ancient shrines. If there is a way to save what is on it without the need to steal it, that would solve that problem."

His ears perked up at the hearing of a bat.

"Not that I've... wait, thats a lie, there are some very viscous Hook-tailed bats that have become active mostly during the day, but a regular bat would be asleep, unless it's a pet. Hmm..."

Shadechaser

Shade spoke from her spot, still holding her hoof to the sky. [shadow=purple,left]I can remember what I once saw, and I will remember what I will see.[/shadow]

She gets up, then walks over to Bolt. [shadow=purple,left]I need not steal any physical trace, yet I can use the shadow's power to look back on the tablet.[/shadow]

She seems to not concern herself with the bat after hearing it. [shadow=purple,left]If the shadows are close to the tablet, I can look from the shadows to analyze the marks on the tablet.[/shadow]
Twilight Sparkle?!

The Clockwork King

Despite lacking most emotional patterns, both physically and mentally, Unit 503 seemed...affronted by the fact that this null to his sensors claimed to use black magics in order to find and view the tablet. This would need to be corrected...
Your methods are highly illogical, null-being. Why waste energy utilizing an unsure means to read the tablet when we cannot simply view it ourselves?
Unit 503 turns to Bolt
I am equipped for reconnaissance activities, therefore I am able to document imaged evidence of the highest quality and store the locations to my on-board locator, which acts as a compass and depth meter. From there we can accurately determine the location of most, if not all the elements. We shall, as implied, need to visit the museum first in order to obtain the image.

Laebenal

Vincent landed on the roof of a building near the Inn to observe the surrounding area. He heard sounds coming from the Inn and flied a bit closer to see if it would be anything useful for him.

Laebenal walked around trying her best to avoid any ponies that she though would be threat for her. "I hope Vincent is doing what I told him and not sleeping or looking for food." She thought and took a look around. All she could see was buildings and some ponies that wouldn't help her with anything. "I wonder where that group is gathering... This place is huge."
Nightmare pony is here!
[move][/move]
My OCs

Go Up